Government Funded Courses
Oakswood College is a Sub-contractor for SFA funding. Advanced learner loans are available for individuals aged 19 or above to undertake approved qualifications at Levels 3 to Level 6, at an approved provider in England. Advanced learner loans give individuals access to financial support for tuition costs similar to that available in higher education and are administered by Student Finance England.
24+ Advanced Learning Loans for students
Further Education Learners are at the heart of growth for the UK Skills sector.
We cannot grow as a nation without a skilled workforce and students cannot reach their full potential without good skills. The government are introducing a system of loans for further education involving career development.
This innovative programme allows for the first time ever sharing the same progressive features as HE student finance: no up-front cost to the learner, no repayment until earnings reach £21,000, and outstanding amounts written off after thirty years.
Through Advanced Learning Loans the government will support those
Over 24 who wish to do full Level 3 or higher levels in order to qualify for a professional job and/or progress to higher education and for the first time there is no up-front cost to the learner with no repayment until earnings reach £21,000.
24 Plus Advanced Learning Loans are similar to higher education loans, but will be introduced for the further education learner, to qualify you'll need to be
Aged 24 & over at the start of their course.
- A resident in the UK.
- Have not previously had a loan to do the same qualification type & level of qualification.
- Studying at Level 3 or Level 4(including QCF Certificates & Diplomas, Access to HE, A-Levels & Advanced & Higher Apprenticeships).
The loans are not means tested or credit checked and any individual who meets the criteria will be able to apply for a loan whether they're employed or unemployed – the loan will then be paid directly to your selected training provider on your behalf. You don't pay anything up front for your course fees and if you're not earning over £21k, you won't pay anything back either.
Example of courses that could be funded under an Advanced Learning Loan
- ATHE Level 3 Hotel and Hospitality Management
- ATHE Level 4 Hotel and Hospitality Management
- ATHE Level 4 IT & Computing
- ATHE Level 4, Extended Diploma in Management
- ATHE Level 4, IT & Computing
- BTEC Level 3 Business Edexcel
- BTEC Level 3 Health & Social Care Edexcel
- BTEC Level 4 Certificate in Education & Training Edexcel
- Level 5 Diploma in Management.