At Oakswood College, not only do we inspire our students to achieve academic excellence, but we also want their experience with us to be a rewarding one on a personal and social level.
We are aware of the potential issues – such as homesickness – that international students living in a foreign country may face, and we understand the concerns that families and friends may have when their loved ones particularly the younger ones travel abroad.
That's why Oakswood College offers both a dedicated Safeguarding and Welfare Team as well as a range of measures aimed at ensuring that students have access to the advice they need and feel supported at all times. In addition, multilingual staff can help translate for those students who may feel more comfortable speaking in their own native language.
- Oakswood College staff, have all gone through various procedures (which include strict police checks and referencing)
- A colour-coded lanyard system helps identify staff, students and visitors:
- Emergency First Aid and Fire Safety trained staff are normally present on the College premises during opening hours.
- A range of First Aid equipment is available within the College premises as well as during off-site activities.
- Various health and safety events run periodically, such as residential hall safety, keeping safe when out etc.
- Health and Safety posters are displayed in each classroom as well as on noticeboards around the College premises.
- Health and safety improvement boards are conducted periodically with the input of student representatives.
- Strict processes are in place for monitoring health and safety standards of accommodation that students are placed in by Oakswood College.
- A variety of guidance and advice leaflets are available at reception for students.
- In addition to the above, the premises of our campuses feature CCTV cameras and controlled access via ID cards.
Friendly and approachable Safeguarding and Welfare Team is available 24/7 (you can speak to us even when the school is closed via the emergency phone!) to provide assistance, advice and information on a wide range of personal problems including mental and physical wellbeing.
• Staff – Blue
• Students – Orange
• Visitors –Red