Fitness & General Well-Being
Oakswood College committed to provide a learning and working environment and management practices which promote students and employee wellbeing and good health.
Oakswood College recognises the importance of improving the health, safety and wellbeing of students and staff, as indicated by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE). College fulfils its commitment by:
- Identifying potential hazards or circumstances which might contribute to inappropriate levels of study and work stress and conduct risk assessments to eliminate or control the risks from such stress.
- Consulting with relevant safety representatives and other stakeholders (e.g. Heads of Department), on issues relating to students and staff wellbeing.
- Increasing awareness and understanding of stress related issues and the importance of general good health and wellbeing through identification, prevention, control and subsequent monitoring of causes of stress at work including where appropriate training and health promotion.
- College agreed staff wellbeing strategy, this likewise works with all learners under the care of the Oakswood College, this will also be looked at in relation to Learner's and Staff in relation to the Duty of care under Prevent.
- Oakswood College has a sports hall for students and staff to play, badminton, basketball, Volleyball.
- College encourages students to participate in the sports event organise by the college.
Oakswood College is committed to:
- Provide advice and information about minimising risks to health
- Educate staff about the causes, effects and management of stress
- Develop partnerships with external organizations, agencies and individuals to improve health
- Provide relevant support to staff, in particular ensuring managers are both proactive
- Respond in a timely manner to concerns raised by staff
To achieve our objectives the Oakswood College:
- Carry out risk assessments to identify health and wellbeing issues related to study and work
- Implement appropriate control measures to minimise risks to health and wellbeing
- Monitor and audit arrangements to improve the quality of teaching environment
- Raise awareness of the causes, signs and symptoms of stress and stress-related illness
- the ways in which Oakswood College supports individuals
- Provide training to all managers on the Health & Wellbeing Policy and how to use it effectively
- Educate employees in techniques for recognising and coping with potentially stressful
- Provide information about appropriate welfare services to all employees